Victorian underskirt

January 23, 2017

Hello lovelies,

I finished another underskirt. This will be worn between the corset and the corded petticoat.
I started the petticoat back in 2016 but I always work on so many different projects at the same time, it is hard to keep track of all the things I start. Most of the time I look at the time stamp on my camera to get the start date.

The whole skirt is made out of a white cotton fabric.

I run out of these so many times so I made a batch. Ha.

There are no pictures on how I cut the skirt...at least I couldn't find any. So I made the skirt out of three different panels; one huge front and two smaller back pieces. Actually I remember it was two pieces at fist but I cut one in half and sewed it together again. It is easier to do the back with that technique, I think.


The skirt was super plain but I wanted to make it look a bit fancier. Therefore I added three tucks randomly.


Oh and cotton lace of course. At that point I had already finished the seam.

When the skirt part was done I made the belt and I was done. It really doesn't take long to sew a skirt like that. I always wonder afterwards why I take so long.






I used gross grain ribbon again for the waist tie. It works best for me.

And this is how it looks like with a chemise and my corset. I again wanted pictures of everything after I ate a big dinner. Great. But at least it looks decent.

All the best,

Aurîs Lothol


You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare